20 hours of instructor guided training delivered onsite or via the Web
Attendees should have a basic understanding of data processing programming concepts and have mastered programming basic LOUISII techniques. Attendees should also have experience programming in third-generation (COBOL, C, etc.) and/or fourth-generation (ORACLE, SQL, etc.) language. Students should be familiar with a BULL text editor and file naming conventions.
Expose the student to the advanced concepts of LOUISII and/or BETTERII. This is accomplished through lecture and workshops.
- Modifying and customizing Q-Refs for clients and self. Includes explanation of privileged commands.
- Installation of database pointers (hard and soft keys) to efficiently navigate through an IDS-II database without jeopardizing the database integrity.
- Processing LOUISII recap files.
- Accepting arguments (user supplied values) into LOUISII queries by integrating CRUN commands with LOUISII commands.
- Building menu driven queries by incorporating TEX with LOUISII.
- Processing multiple record types within a sequential file.
- Simulating IF-THEN-ELSE logic in LOUISII queries.
- Using LOUISII as a file update.