Sixteen Hours of instructor guided training delivered onsite or via the Web
Individuals should have a basic understanding of data processing programming concepts or have programmed in a third generation (COBOL, C, etc.) and/or fourth generation (ORACLE, SQL, etc.) language. Students should be familiar with a BULL text editor and file naming conventions.
Instruct users to effectively use LOUISII and its many features. This is accomplished through web-based instruction, lecture, and hands-on lab work.
- Familiarizing the student with Quick Reference (Q-Ref) files
- Creating basic ad-hoc queries emphasizing the power of PRINT, WHERE, SORT commands
- Building and permanently saving LOUISII queries
- Creating advanced LOUISII reports by incorporating Report Subsystem enhancements, including page and column headings; page footings; control breaks that summarize numeric data; and the inserting of editing symbols
- Setting and overriding LOUISII defaults
- Processing two files at the same time with the Relate Subsystem